Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makin a tray of VFT's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coconut fibre will decay and turn into a sludgey mess. I'm not sure the plants will appreciate it in the first place! Normal peat or long fibre sphagnum will be ok.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I did for my tray is take dried long fiber sphagnum and put it in a seed tray from Home Depot. I then put 3 seeds per section and now have a bunch growing. Their so cute any tiny...awwww
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ April 14 2004,11:49)]Coconut fibre will decay and turn into a sludgey mess. I'm not sure the plants will appreciate it in the first place! Normal peat or long fibre sphagnum will be ok.
    I have used bed-a-beast fiber for a while on some plants, and i don't see any decay... I also have a lot of it in my vivarium... hope it doesn't start decaying!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that the "Disposable" Gladeware (cheap tupperware) works GREAT! I use two: poke holes in the bottom of the one that the plants and mix go into, and use the second one(UNaltered) as my "Water tray".

Its inexpensive, neat and clean, and I can easily tell when my plants need more water. Plus they come in different shapes and sizes to meet your needs. It creates an indoor bog.

Right now, I have 40+ VTFs in six of these setups, and I've been doing it this way for a while now.

Works Great!.....for me, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12