Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeding vft

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ April 17 2004,4:02)]hmmm...
    if the only real probelm with feeding a VFT Hamburger meat is its to moist and would rot the trap, how about beef jerky?
    lol i think ill try it one time, if any on did already, plz tell us about it, it would be pretty cool if it worked.
    NO NO NO!! Firstly, moistness of the meat has nothing at all to do with the problem. Cow meat contains fats and protiens that VFTs are not designed to digest. Beef jerkey contains the same stuff PLUS salts which are a HUGE no-no. Feed your plants BUGS.. thats what they are designed to eat.. thats what they expect to eat.. thats what they WANT to eat. If you decide to buck the system and feed it cow meat go right ahead.. here is a link to where you can buy a replacement plant **********.com

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -_-
    i was only jking around, and anyway, i wouldnt feed my VFT's beef jerkey, it was a thought!!!
    although, if i had to do an experiment or something, id probably try it out just for curiousity
    and anyway, if a trap turns black, it doesnt really affect the whole plant, it will grow a new one most of the time
    Nike SB is Bananas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was a very warm day...and the wasp's were out and about. 3...yeah...3 got into my house today...Gave em a good whack with a book, and while they were still twiching, dropped em into a trap...2 into 1 VFT..and 1 in another. I was very pleased with how big my traps got this winter...so it was a nice first feed in a while besides some ticks i found on my cat here and there and yes...i know about dorm. they were fresh from TC so didnt want to stress em this year. If ya want, i could take some pics if anyone is interested...got a new digi cam!
    -~(\/)~-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iam going to try a tad pole this year. Iam curious to see whats left over after the digestings done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some rather large Ants make the mistake of crawling on my walls. For trespassing on my walls, they got the death by VFT treatment! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] Ever since I've gotten VFTs I've looked forward to trespassers...I mean annoying bugs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried something new to day. I took meat juice and rubbed some around the the traps. tons of flys came and all but 1 trap is full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, ah---ahem-- Well, I did the tadpole experiment. Never again!! EVER!!!!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the tadpole experiment and why wouldn't you do it again?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast