Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all! They can take light frosts. They can even survive temps inthe mid-20's, briefly. My only concern, and I speak from recent experience, are the critters. I had mine up high, sitting on top of a tarp, covering some 55 gallon drums. Nothing happened. On a Friday I decided to move them closer to the ground and on Monday my 2 flower stalk common was chewed to the ground. My trio of red VFT's were almost untouched. I moved them back to the original place and they remain untouched. Dumb luck? I don't know. Don't know all the variables - just a few - and the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm most worried about the bugs at night, because they're ruthless. I just took it back inside and filled up its tray with water. Vft's are funny, because I'm treating it like an animal, and not a plant. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mine insid from the time I bought it, last June, until I took it out in March. The traps grew from 1/2" ---->1", just sitting on an east facing window sill. I guess one has to know what's outside of one's immediate environment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    myn are growing quickly on my window sill
    They get light from sunrise till noon
    i feed each trap atleast once and very month i feed all the traps on each of my VFT.
    some of them blacken but then a week or 2 latr, 3-5 new traps grow rapidly and raplace the ones that blacken. they are about 1 inch long traps, except for my green dragons which are about 1 1/2 inches (they droop over sometimes after i feed them because all the traps are on long petioles)
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12