Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is my vft that i bought from hd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My VFT's are currently exposed to sunlight behind a bay window in our house that receives a good amount of sunlight. Would it be better if they are kept outside? Its been scorching hot here in California as of late which is why im a bit scared.

Would a bag over the pitcher plant be a good idea? Because thats what im doing to force humidity.

Id eventually like to have a wide variety of CP's. My VFT's do not look unique, same with my pitcher plants. For example the red dragons are so beautiful and distinct looking, I love them! and ive seen some pitcher plants that look so different from mine and colors so vibrant. Thanks for the warm welcomes I plan to frequent this forum more often. So far its been nothing but informative. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Sarracenias and VFT's come from the southeast, where it is hot and humid. They also experience some semblence of a winter, requiring a dormancy period. That was a very general statement about the lion's share of them. I wouldn't put a bag over them. I would place them in containers that will hold rain or distilled water. You can limit sun by placement in less sunny areas. I keep all my Sarrs and VFT'ds outside for Spring, Summer and Fall. Green is good, but red is great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

nice, I've been reading a few days and a few days ago I couldn't see the second pic of the ft, but was able to see the pitcher plant, now I can see both the ft pics but not the pitcher plant lol nice pics though
    I have too many hobbies and not enough time...

Travis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12