What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf cutting transplant

a month ago i decided to try and do a leaf cutting... or several i should say, i tried about 3 leaves

2 died  but 1 amazingly grew, it was beginning to grow small roots so i transplanted it into a pot which was once a home of another vft that had died, i soaked the spahgnum so it moist again but im not sure if i should have transplanted so early.. any advice?

generally, i don't move my cuttings for several months after they start to grow.  when i do move them, i try to replant them with the soil they were growing in, so i don't disturb the roots.

advice?  take cuttings of every plant you have, if possible.  after that, when they are large enough, take more cuttings.  this will give you material for trades, and will help alot if you ever lose a plant.  also, after yo uhave a few plants, it might be benefitial to experiment a little bit.  the knowledge gained from experimenting is involuable.

the basic rules for growing cp's are really just a set of very basic guidelines for the absolute novice grower.  as you gain experience, go ahead and try new things.  you could be the one to teach all of us something new!  most of all, enjoy your hobby, and the addiction it brings with it!

peace,
tech...

I'm thinking about taking a leaf cutting. I don't want it to die, and then I'll lose the only vft I have. I think I'll wait for it to send up an offshoot, and then take a leaf cutting.

Back