Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green dragon? green common?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More significant than many people realize, Jim. Full sun alone is not the answer. Many variables, and you have to find the right combination.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My VFP Green dragons were almost all red last summer. When I bought them they were almost totall red but for a little green in the traps. After winter they havev sprouted up a mix of green and red. They get about 3 hours of total direct sun and bright Light ( the house next doors the sun reflects off it and all the plants get about 7 hours of bright light. As for in the house the green dragons there are almost all green ( window sill growing ( well trying). They get about 4 hours of direct sun. Also the VFT's in a little greenhouse out back in the yard I have regular or common VFT's With really hight humidity and shaded but bright light, they have really red traps and the leaves are a bright green. the Dragons there are small ones but totaly RED LOL almost to the point that i thought the wilted in the heat I mean the color of almost dried blood.........................

So to Bugweeds thought He hit it on the mark!!!

Good Call

Jim

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are getting a little redder, but not nearly to the extent they were when I bought them last August, presumably fresh out of tissue culture. They were purchased as 3 in one 2" pot and 2 of the three are flowering. One of them and I'm not sure which, produced a baby plant, like a runner. Right now I am glad that the are healthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know why they call it a "green Dragon" all of mine are DARK red with no green at all! Even redder then the red dragon.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12