What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is new growth ever really tiny?

I've noticed that there's a new growth coming from my vft. It's a really tiny leaf, with a trap that will probably only be less than half a centimeter long. Do vfts normally produce growths that are unusually tiny? I can't tell if this is a baby plant, because other leaves are blocking it and I can't move them. It would be really cool if it will be another vft, because that would make three in one pot, and I only payed for one!  
biggrin.gif

Yes.
tounge.gif

Could definately happen. See if you can nudge the leaves around it to give it a little light, but make sure the humidity is still up around the smallish might be plantlet. You never really know.

Sweet. My army of vfts is on the way!
laugh.gif

Sounds like you plant has started to start another growing point. In a while you should have another large plant which you can divide if you want.

It actually sounds like it' just making either a new plant or the leaf is just a dwarf and souldn't be worried about.

How can I divide plants safely?

I just noticed the smaller leaf phenomenon today, amongst a trio of VFT's. Upon closer inspection, there is an independent baby plant in the mix. Wasn't expecting that!

one of my vfts is producing another small plant and i successfully did a leaf cutting

on another note my sundew has 3 smaller plants and my butterwort has 1 or 2!!

that makes 6 vfts
2 maybe 3 butterworts
and 4 sundews
and 1 pitcher =) (bought it 2 days ago)

This is so cool. Thanks Jason.
smile.gif
By the way, that tiny trap just caught a gnat or something yesterday. I'm so proud!

Back