What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New plant

• Thread starter Bubba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
I just got a new vft in the mail. my mom says that because it's been in a dark box that it should not be in full sun and given water right away. because sun might put it into shock and that the company probably gave it enough water for a while. i was wondering wut i should do, is she rite?
rock.gif

yes she is right, but when i say full sun, i mean on a very sunny window sill. keep the plant sitting in water, and let it adjust to the enviroment. if u want to keep it out side, aclimate it in the shade for a week, then give it higher light increments until its able to to take full sun. VFTs love the sun and it will bring out its very best if it bathes in sun from sunrise to sunset. just make sure to keep in mind the dormancy requirements.
happy growing,
Best Wishes,
Hellz

Adding to what Hellz said: Also try to keep the humidity up while the plant adjusts.

Back