What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

My tray for my VTF are clear. I can see little white worms swimmin around in the water. HELP. What should I do. I use distilled water if that helps.

they might be mesquito larvae.
just move your plants, and let that tray dry out
biggrin.gif

simple eh?

little, pure white, wriggling?

I had those in my VFT pot. of course, I got lucky and pulling them out sufficed. I'd try emptying the water out of the tray, and feed the remainders to any sundews you have. If they come back, try a Neem oil spray.

Cant be what youre talking about:( I cant pull them out, they are so small and theyre swimmin in the water

I would clean out the water tray, and refill with fresh water. then, if they are in your soil, i would submerge the plant under water for 24 hours or so.

got a picture of these little buggers? that would help to identify what they are...

try that, and tell us what happens.

peace,
tech...

I did that many times. Fortunately they arent in the soil. Ill try to get a pic.

I think tey are Planaria worms if that helps. Trying to get a pic the problem is that they are so small....

Planaria worms? Never heard of those b4, can they do any harm to plants? Ironic this being a crnivorous plant forums, but still...you clean the pot, and they come back? Where from? looks like they like yoiur VFT, they'll won't go away, try oiling the surface of the water, it'll suffocate them. Or change your pot and BOIL THE WORMS IN THE WATER!!! No, too drastic...

I must be answering posts like this 5 times a week!
smile_n_32.gif
and no one remembers!
smile_t_32.gif
mad.gif

These are fungus nat larvae most likely... just dump the water..

OR, they are ...

GRR, cant remember... maybe I can ring someones bell... Like freshwater anenomes/jellyfish, have long white tentacles that look like worms that catch small things like daphina... Hyd- something

Are hydras plants? They feed on water fleas, saw it on National geo...well they look like plants, but if they wiggle then they can't be (oh wait they can, some plants 'wiggle') Wiggle...and what are daphina? I heard that they're a utrics' fav meal
smile_n_32.gif
The way hydras reproduce is cool, looks like self-propogation, hehe
cool.gif

Why do they say 'CGI limited reached. Please try agian later' the first time I tried to post...maybe its becuz I've been posting too long my com's tried, oh shoot just did again...just ignore me :waves ya'll away:
smile_n_32.gif

Jason

Back