Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

today i placed my fly trap trio in my terrarium. i wanted to separate them and put them into different spots not so close. then i decided not to so as not to put em into shock. but when i took them out of their pot they fell out as 3 different plants, so i planted them seperately. will they go into shock, or are they 3 different plants anyway. Also how do u water vft's in a terrarium? how much wattage of a fluorescent light do i need, and what kind do u use or recommend. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] (i'm not mad i just like the new smiley's) Can i put a N. Juddith Finn in the same terrarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my bad, i meant a N. sanguinea

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is highly likely that they will go into shock for awhile. For now, keep their media moist and the their atmosphere humid. A terrarium is agood place for them right now. After recovery, they do quite will, sitting in a container of ~1" distilled, etc.. water - without covering. Mine did very well last summer sitting on a window sill, even east facing, in a relatively dry laboratory. They mainly need a moist media, air circulation, and good lighting. It was when I thought I was doing it a favor, by covering it, to increase their humidity, that I ran into problems - smaller and blackening traps. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]