Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ack! deformed traps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the fact that its been flowerin' has something to do with it, maybe it mess up the part of the bulb the flower was emerging from - or maybe it used up its energy reserves and can't formed normal traps or somethin', now, thunderstorms, that could be a problem... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are round/oval shaped, often fat. The white ones look like worms.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aphids are usually a light "hulk" green in colour and very tiny. I usually pick them off with a toothpick and feed them to the nearest trail of ants. That'll teach them not to mess with me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ actually, ants nuture and farm aphids in a smiliar way that we farm cows. They like the honeydew aphids produce after they feed.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't see anything wrong with plant enough to worry about. You will not get a perfectly formed trap 100% of the time. All kinds of things can affect that...temps, weather, injury, etc. Just because a trap has a slight difference from another doesn't mean its "Panic!--Its deformed". Now if all or most of the traps were forming with oddities, that would be a different matter.

Don't know what kind of aphids you get, but here in good ol' Virginny you can SEE aphids. If you REALLY think its a pest problem, submerge your flytrap in water for a day or so. That will drown any living critters. And yes you can submerge your plant without harm.

Don't worry! The plant looks fine.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just keeping a watch on it, tho'... =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aphid infestation? Heck no. If there were aphids attacking the leaves they would be looking ALOT worse (bumpy and all curled up super deformed).

When I cut my flower stalks the plants usually go into this super phase of growing all big and fast and often times it looks like they are growing "too fast" for themselves to keep up with, leaving a few of the traps not looking "perfect" (although I think these ones sometimes look pretty cool).

If you had an aphid infestation your leaves would seriously be looking ALOT worse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast