What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distilled water

When I am on the UK forum I try my best to talk English. I call gas petrol, fall is Autumn, and I get to use nice words like "whilst" and "amongst". It makes me feel very worldly.

What I want to know is why no one here uses "One off". It's like were the only country in the civilized world that doesn't.

I say potato, you say patata, just like that.

I use de-ionised water designed for car batteries (about 59p from Wilko's
smile_m_32.gif
) but I wish it would rain more in the UK, I ran out recently and my poor VFT went for a few days without water.

Darwin, here in Sou. Cali, you only 10 inches or less per season!
confused.gif

I'm afraid if I held out for rain water here in Tucson, Arizona, USA I would only be able to grow what's already here naturally -- few to none are CP species, though many are quite interesting.

There have been a few years recently when the little rain that fell in our area never actually got my house wet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (uglypho @ June 12 2004,11:23)]Darwin, here in Sou. Cali, you only 10 inches or less per season!  
confused.gif
eh, more like 3 inches
laugh.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I bought an ion reader a while ago... doesn't tell me what the ions are (i have one of those though), but it tells me how many, PPM... My R/O unit turns the tap water (500 PPM) to good old RO water... (5 PPM)
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You can already see the junk on the membranes building up! :

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You can already see the junk on the membranes building up!

Don't worry about it too much, IME the filters can be let alone for quite a while without letting the mineral levels become dangerous to CPs. And I'm on an extreme, my R/O filter needs to filter water that is measured to be beyone Ulta-Super-Mega-Death hard... Well, maybe not quite that hard, but extreme nonetheless. If you want, I can check to see how long it was before I changed my filter, it should give you a rough Idea of what is still workable.

Back