What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-petaled flowers on my vft

Hey folks , My vft that i got from vft flowered a while ago and the weird thing about it is that the flower had more then the usual amount of petals . i thought that this was just 1 deformit and nothing to hassle about but then all the other flwoers bloomed and looked the same . Has anyone had this problem ? I don't think it's a problem but a cool mutation but if it keeps doing this every year and stays stable like this I might have a new cp cultivar
smile_n_32.gif
. Heres a pic of one of the flowers .
Picture%20132.jpg
I think I'll call it Dionaea muscipula ' Tarnok ' just like the double petaled S. leucophylla ' Tarnok ' .

whoa thats awsome
but i think it wouldnt be a good cultivar becaues flowering for VFT as exhausting form whet ive heared
Hellz

nice pict! i agree with you that it might be a candidate for a new cultivar. as one that has let his vft's flower for the first time this year, i can say that that's a really sweet flower!

i think it's time to divide and propagate!

peace,
tech...

Wow! I love the flower! I wish my VFT had flowers like that!

Cool a double vft! How bout Dionea muscipula 'california rose'?

Goldtrap,
The flower also looks like it has twice the number of anthers. Does the flower have two stigmas? I cannot tell from your photo.

Goldtrap,
  That's really cool!  Keep tabs on that bad boy!

Hmmm...Whats next a fully double red flowered vft? Maybe someday well raise vfts for there flowers as much as for there carnivorous habits:) Certainly start propagateing this plant!

How bout D. muscipula 'snowflake'

cool one! It would be wild if you register it.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yah thanks guy , I'll keep on eye on it but I have'nt been able to see it for a while , I'm in texas right now and if my bro accidently kills it then we can say bye bye . But I'm sure that won't happen .

Back