Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humidity levels

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the mountains of Colorado and grow my VFTs outside. They do fine even though the humidity is all over the map. Usually it's in the 20 to 40% range outside. Right now it's at 75% because of the light rain we had ealier today. As long as the temps are above 40f at night I leave my plants outside 24/7. They do a lot better outside than they do when I bring them in.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow!
    30 RH is very low. like the others have said.
    its usually 80 RH over here in Valleystream New York on Long Island
    if its that low of a humidity, then u can keep them out, but just watch them and mist them.
    Best Wishes
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the humidity levels would be better inside the house. We have a couple of small fountains in the house, and it seems like with the watering trays and all the humidity might be higher in the house.

Do sundews and VFT like misting? I have two other sundews and 3 VFT in a terrarium I got here on this site, and they seem to be doing pretty well. I have never misted them. The VFTs are having some troubles since I didn't know last winter to give them dormancy! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] So I hope they make it throught the summer, and I can give it dormancy next winter. But the larger VFT looks like it might be growing better now since it's been a few weeks after transplant.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12