Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long till dormant plants come out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Az,

VFTs won't be dormant for a long time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] It is still summer after all. Dormancy usually begins around Sept/Oct if you are growing outdoors, possibly later if indoors. Your plant will switch from making long petioled leaves to leaves that are short and lay flat to the ground. Wait untill no more leaves are being produced before digging up and fridge till Feb/March. Personally I do not use the fridge method but instead leave them potted and outside. Of course I live in a climate where you can do that but you might too.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i live in the bay area in california, its cold in the morning, and i live in the hills near the shore
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that VFTs can survive the Bay Area winter in pots outside. Might try to get in touch with a member of BACPS and ask them though
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]When are vft dormant? jus making sure, so i can get ready and wrap it on LFS and put it in a ziplock bag locked?or jus a open bag?
    AzNsUShi41, don't worry about VFT dormancy in the Bay Area. I lived on the avenues near Golden Gate Park and in Berkeley for about 10 years and grew VFTs outside year-round with no problem and no need for artifically inducing dormancy. They will naturally go dormant in November when the daylength gets short and the temperature drops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12