Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbe question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all;
    I'm sort of new here. The last time I was on was about a year ago. Never got any CP's but now I'm ready. My question is, when buying a VT is it better to get the plant with lots of small traps or the plant with fewer but larger traps ? Both being good looking, healthy plants.
    Thanks
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent really considered it, but off the top of my head, I'd say many small ones would give a better photosynthesis area, and potentially more prey caught...

I've seen different opinions to whether or not catching food increases growth or not in VFT's, but logically it should.

/Quensel.
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My question is, when buying a VT is it better to get the plant with lots of small traps or the plant with fewer but larger traps ? Both being good looking, healthy plants.
    Okay now, let's not beat around the bush, I think everyone knows that sooner or later, you'll end up with both of them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To tell you the truth, its all preference. The main thing is they are healthy, and if you want a big plant go with the big traps, and if you want a plant with small but has lots of divisions to give it a more bushier look then choose it. I would go with the big traps, because usually that means the plant is healthier
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that the VFT owning the big traps is just older (not necessarily healthier) than the other one, 'tis all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave,

My Opinion is this: I am impressed by Large Traps. If You get a plant with larger traps---it is generally just older. But since these plants live for many yrs--older is not a bad thing.

Once the plant is estabilshed in your care---its going to grow and thrive and throw a lot more traps. LARGE traps! I have 14 different varieties/morphs of VFTs, and even though each is impressive in its own ways---I still like the BIG traps better.

This is my opinion--and worth exactly what you pay for it!

HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all;
    I'll probably go with the best looking one. Oh, and Est your probably right, Ill end up with both.
    Thanks
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that most of the plants are about the same age if they are in the same group. So, a plant with big traps is the same age as a plant with small traps. Depending on if they were indivually t/c'ed from seeds or are from the same plant, it can either mean the bigger one is healthir, or if from seed that the plant might just have the genes for big traps, while another plant grown from seed might have the genes for small traps. It's like people, there are tall people and short people, some fat, skinny, darker, lighter, ect...
    So it's mainly preference.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast