Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vft with reptiles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 46 gallon terarium set up with green tree frogs. It has 130watts of lights on it and the humidity is kept around 70%. Two simple questions: How would my VFT grow under these conditions, and would the frogs harm the plant or visa-versa? The frogs are signifcantly larger than the traps.

Here's my current setup: Ribbet

Thank you
    -Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would watch about the frogs being eatin because i was going to try it with my frogs but i decided not to. theres many pictures online of frogs bein eaten. i think that the frog would hop away though.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My frogs are MUCH larger than the traps and I don't think that I have to worry about them becoming trapped.

I have searched and searched for pictures of the fly traps eating frogs with no luck, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    -Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charles Brewer feeds occasional frogs to his flytraps, but we are talking tiny frogs to 2 inch traps.
    I think your frogs will definitely be fine, and they may set off an occasional trap, but I think this will probably work.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew! Feeding frogs to there plants! Now who would want to do such a terrible terrible thing like that? Especally since the amphibian population has been and is still decreasing dramatically over the past few years. Just stick with bugs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are too many frogs in my yard... it creeps me out when I have to mow the lawn and they get you know....
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not enough light. you'll run into problems when the plant goes dormant if you dont take it out, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's compact fluorscent lighting, which is a lot more intense than incandescent and regular fluorscent. Here's the fixture: light

This is the kind of light used to grow live corals in salt water tanks, which need a lot higher light requirements than terristrial plants.

But I'm just clarifying what kind of light is on the tank, so if it's still not enough lighting please let me know

Thanks
    -Crash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast