Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vft with reptiles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 46 gallon terarium set up with green tree frogs. It has 130watts of lights on it and the humidity is kept around 70%. Two simple questions: How would my VFT grow under these conditions, and would the frogs harm the plant or visa-versa? The frogs are signifcantly larger than the traps.

Here's my current setup: Ribbet

Thank you
    -Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would watch about the frogs being eatin because i was going to try it with my frogs but i decided not to. theres many pictures online of frogs bein eaten. i think that the frog would hop away though.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My frogs are MUCH larger than the traps and I don't think that I have to worry about them becoming trapped.

I have searched and searched for pictures of the fly traps eating frogs with no luck, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    -Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charles Brewer feeds occasional frogs to his flytraps, but we are talking tiny frogs to 2 inch traps.
    I think your frogs will definitely be fine, and they may set off an occasional trap, but I think this will probably work.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew! Feeding frogs to there plants! Now who would want to do such a terrible terrible thing like that? Especally since the amphibian population has been and is still decreasing dramatically over the past few years. Just stick with bugs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are too many frogs in my yard... it creeps me out when I have to mow the lawn and they get you know....
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not enough light. you'll run into problems when the plant goes dormant if you dont take it out, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's compact fluorscent lighting, which is a lot more intense than incandescent and regular fluorscent. Here's the fixture: light

This is the kind of light used to grow live corals in salt water tanks, which need a lot higher light requirements than terristrial plants.

But I'm just clarifying what kind of light is on the tank, so if it's still not enough lighting please let me know [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
    -Crash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast