What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibberellic acid

hey, i'd like to know if gibberellic acid is any good with vft seeds, how much of it should i use and how long do i leave the seeds in it? i read about cold stratification and don't think i want to go through with it so i bought the gib. acid.

thanks everyone

Don't need to do any of those things, they dont even need stratification, just plant them out and they should sprout in a few weeks or days depending on the freshness.

VFT seeds do not need GA3. The germinate fairly easily as far as I know.

the seeds are bought not produced by one of my venus flytraps

They do not need GA3.

let's see hypothetically (or really
smile_n_32.gif
) that i want to use the gibberellic acid because im extremely stubborn.. how would i do it?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ July 14 2004,5:10)]let's see hypothetically (or really
smile_n_32.gif
) that i want to use the gibberellic acid because im extremely stubborn.. how would i do it?
smile.gif
Put htme in the correct amount of solution and let them sit in it for about 2 days, but trust me...THEY REALLY DO NOT NEED IT.

That almost entirely depends on how old the seed is and how it was kept until it is sown (planted).

Considering it is planted in the way VFT seed is generally planted.

Back