User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! vft leaves turning inwards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spray them! Misting would be good too. Since you aren't germinating seeds, then those 2 methods should be ok to use. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a tray of VFT plants that are in their own undrained tray. Been that way going on 6 years now. I basically keep them as semi-aquatics. The easiest way for me to be sure they have plenty of water is simply to look at the surface. If I see a film of water on the surface, they don't need to be watered. If I can't see any water, I water. It happens to be one of those disposable food storage containers. When its time for dormancy, I simply top up the water, snap on the cover and pop it into the refrigerator for a few months.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem when I took my plants out from dormancy... This is probably due to the plants being uprooted( during transportation and storage) and possible dehydration
    Just put the plant in its usual media and give its lots of light. The new leaves look to be growing well.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pingman: WOw! semi aquatic huh... in long fibered sphagum or peat/sand or any other mix?
    Does this method work for pings, sundews and sarrs?

thanks! im learning alot here!

vistary: yes! i saw donna from triffid park ripping out the VFT from the soil!
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those in the undrained tray are in 100% peat moss.

VFT seem to grow best in pure peat moss with a layer of LFS on the surface to reduce splashing of the peat.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vistary @ July 22 2004,10:22)]I had a similar problem when I took my plants out from dormancy... This is probably due to the plants being uprooted( during transportation and storage) and possible dehydration
    Just put the plant in its usual media and give its lots of light. The new leaves look to be growing well.
    When in doubt as to a plant's current health, it seems best to concentrate less on its existing leaves and much more on the new growth - if there is any. If the new growth is coming in green or dewy or sticky, my experience is that plant is recovering from temporary shock.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% peat moss?!?! Ive read everywhere that 100% peat moss is too dense, right now i just have sand/peat 1:1 , darn, shouldn't have mixed all of my peat...

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I dont know why, my sundews and other VFT varieties from triffid are producing green leaves, under my new growing rack. they are 3 inches under shoplights which dosen't have reflectors for it's sides yet. Maybe they are too used to be in strong sunlight that now fluorescent light is 'weak' for em?

this plant rack is in open air
    question: does humidity affect colouring of cps?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12