Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small experiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

im gonna do an experiment.. since everyones been saying gibberellic acid is useless for vft seeds (and since i have nothing else to do). im going to take 100 vft seeds, 50 of them i'll soak in G.A. and 50 of them i won't. i'll plant both at the same time, same soil, same water, same light, same humidity, same everything. I'll record how fast they germinate, and how many germinate. (maybe also how fast they grow). Is there anything else i should do? Does it sound good so far?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should soak the other half in pure water instead of sowing them directly on the soil. you only want one variable, and if you didn't soak half in the G.A. and half in pure water, the experiment wouldn't be accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't get it? there is only one variable, which is one gets soaked in G.A. for 2 days before sowing and the other doesn't. they are both going to be sown at the same time.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right, but the other seeds havn't been soaked in a liquid and the G.A. group has been soaked in a liquid, so you have 2 variables. GA and no GA, and liquid and no liquid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very true, thanks i never thought about that so i will soak half in distilled water with G.A. and the other with just distilled. thanks i didn't notice that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problamo my man [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since gibberellic acid is generally used to break dormancy in seed that is difficult to germinate due to natural inhibitors and VFT are not known to have any inhibitors to germination. I am kinda curious what your experiment is supposed to demonstrate? What is the hypothesis you are trying to prove?
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying to see if gibberellic acid is effective at speeding up germination and improving germination rates. I disagree, VFT's must contain some inhibitors, if they don't why is it recommended to stratify? Doesn't make sense [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast