Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light spectrum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

wondering what lights would be good for vft growing, are regular type a light bulbs ok?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by "regular" you mean the incandescant bulbs used in the home, no they are not ok. They produce far too much heat and they don't have anywhere near the right spectrum for growing plants.

Check out the Terrarium 101 topic in the greenhouse/bog garden forum for info on the right kind of lighting. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sun is the best lightbulb [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i know that, they are all being grown in the sun, but we haven't seen the sun in a week and its expected it will keep raining for another week. these kinda days i bring them in and put them under lights.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they will be fine outside, they have bad weather in north carolina, too. it wont hurt them.

we had the same thing going on over here in GA, rain and no sun for weeks, but everything came out just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which light spectrum is best for the photosynthesis of plants, 6,700 or 10,000? (i would think 6,700 since its closest to the suns)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew my VFTs under any standard flourescent plant lights that were on sale for many years. You get great trap coloration from the constant light. However, you'll notice your plants are much healthier (and hardier) if you grow them outside and let the sun do it's business on them for 4-6 hours per day.
    Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im starting an indoor terrarium, so im trying to find out which bulbs i should get, trust me i know how good the sun is and how hard it is to imitate it. for a fact i know that 6,700 are very close to the suns spectrum here in the u.s, but i want to hear from someone that has experience since sometimes experience overules fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast