What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid to repot now?

Well I think I want to pot my 2 typicals in the same pot.
Reasons are that both of their soil has been ruined by long term tap water use, and also that one pot would give me more sill space for other stuff...

Should still be a good 2-3 months left of the season, so what'ya say? repot or wait til next season?

Thanks /Quensel

I'd say go ahead and repot, but that's just my opinion. If you wait until next season, or until dormancy, then that's just more time they're in the tap water soil. One of my vfts in my minibog was dug up by a squirrel several weeks ago before I sqirrel & bunny-proofed the bog. The plant was lying on top of the peat mix when I found it. I immediately replanted it and it kept growing like nothing had happened.

Sweet, I was sorta hoping that it wouldn't affect growth...

go for it. i've repotted in the past two weeks

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>I must admit; I repot whenever, "I want to" or more accurately; when "I feel like it". This is the "lazy man's way". I can't enjoy my plants as much if I let their needs control me, too much.

Often when a plant is having difficulty or looks to be on the verge of giving up I carefully repot it into fresh media and place it into a zip loc urgent care container (a sealed zip loc bag).

If they're not already on their way to CP heaven/pergatory/hell then this usually perks them up fairly quickly.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ July 30 2004,8:57)]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>If they're not already on their way to CP heaven/pergatory/hell then this usually perks them up fairly quickly.</span>
lol.. thats hilarious

They might stop growing for a few days, but they soon recover. I find you can repot them any time, although it is a bit like diffusing a bomb when they are in full growth. A couple always close on some lumps of peat.

Back