Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm stumped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll advise against using fungicide since most VFT are rather sensitive to chemicals contained in them.
    I agree with plantakiss. You should move your VFT outdoors where natural sunlight is plentiful.
    Growing VFT indoors and in a terrarium under artificial lighting will tend to weaken the VFT in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plants are outside, read my post, you solved papatoads problem WHAT ABOUT ME? lol
    Papatoad, mine was sending up 2 traps a week then just stopped, absolutely no new growth, it just halted
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Vft's had a short dormancy this year. Though I hardly think that is to blame. I'm rethinking the clay pot theory, because of water evaporation is faster through clay. Gonna go with the plastic.
    They did fine in previous years, same conditions. Actually, traps were a bit more red last year,with larger plants/traps.They seem very small and undersized this year aside from the blackening of leaves. I moved a small one. The bulb seems perfect. Crispy white.
    I will let you know how they are doing after I get them moved outside. Good luck Amateur Expert.Wish I knew what to tell you.

I will let you guys know how they are coming along after I get them adapted to life outside the bowl.
    Angry Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I moved my VFT's outside, my eldest plant has put out two new leaves. The traps are the biggest of the year yet!One measuring just shy of one inch. Can't wait to see how they big they get by the end of the growing season. When I took them out of the fish bowl,there was seemingly stagnet water at the bottom. I wonder if that was a problem also. They are doing 100% better. They should be seasoned enough to put in direct sunlight. That should turn traps from pale green to a rosey pink. Later
    Angry Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my big mouth is still not growing, no leaves are dying though, maybe it thinks its in dormancy or something? it was imported from australia?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of mine did that once... just stopped growing, about 5-6 leaves died, and then it started growing again like nothing had happened.
    I got really worried and nervous, but when it resumed growing I just figured maybe they do that sometimes...

/Quensel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only that mine ded back and never came up again, not even as a zombie. I think in my case it was the result of the bulb rotting.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You should move your VFT outdoors where natural sunlight is plentiful.
    Just one of the downsides of not having a garden... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something not mentioned is the possibility of an infestation of unfriendly bugs. Consider it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast