Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm stumped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the small gnats that live in damp soil. Though since I moved them outside,I have not seen any. Except one dead in a trap that has since reopened. I am waiting to see how the plant fares on the hunt in open territory. Time will tell. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/ghostface.gif[/img]
    Angry Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 13 2004,8:32)]Something not mentioned is the possibility of an infestation of unfriendly bugs. Consider it.
    how would i know i have this infestation? and how do i kill the little suckers!?!? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whenever i think my plants might be having a problem with insects, i will totally submerge the plant under water for 24-48 hours. the idea is that the bugs will either leave the pot or drown. since vft's are bog plants, they can handle the water.

i would try this before getting more agressive with chemicals.

peace,
    tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Investing in a magnifying glass would be helpful, not only to detect small bugs, but when you attempt to germinate seeds, you can see them much more easily. As Technoracer suggests, drowning them is a good, safe way of killing many critters, without doing harm to CP's. Please refrain from using the magnifying glass for other purposes, if you catch my drift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do i leave it in the pot? won't the peat start floating in the water? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, its underwater. should i be worried that its a new plant? i've only had it for about a month (came bare root) and its about an inch in diameter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Aug. 12 2004,11:03)]my big mouth is still not growing, no leaves are dying though, maybe it thinks its in dormancy or something? it was imported from australia?
    Newly imported plants sometimes do that from an extreme change in evironment. it will recover from shock (if it is in shock that is). The leaves might rot later on.

I don't really know much about aquatic growing, think you should seek advice from some of the more experienced growers like say Tamlin. I say just leave it there (potted/bare root your choice), and when you have eliminated the possibility of any bad bugs, then keep it in an emergency grow chamber, with the same conditions as their native habitat.

Now, how 'bout another article on aquatic growing Tamlin... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123