Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small leaves? help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

My VTF seems to have very small leaves, much smaller than the original leaves that it had when it was shipped. Its in a small terrarium with a white light and plenty of water. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong with it? Thanx a bunch for the help. Teknomage01@hotmail.com. Pj M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you give us more info? is it a plant from **********? what's the soil consist of? you say it's a "white" light? do you know how many lumens the light gives off? how far is it away from the vft? how many hours a day is the light on? did you recentally repot the plant (maybe it's just in shock?)?

thanks,
    tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is from **********.com, and I used the soil that they sell (not exactly sure what it consists of). As for the light... its a 75 watt lamp bulb I bought at Home Depot. The label said its akin to sunlight. I'm not sure how many lumens it puts out. My vtf is directly under the light (which is in a lamp), in a small terrarium. It gets on average 12 hours of light, since I also work, etc. in this room. I've had it most of the summer (over a month min). Thanx for the help. Pj M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the problem then you need to use a flourescent light. Incadescent are not bright enough and give off way too much heat for a Vft.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where could I find a flourescent light thats cheap? Are there flourescents that can go into lamps? How bright should it be? Thanx again for all the help. Pj M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can use those compact flourescents.Soplights are betterm but pretty much anythings better then incadescent! You can get them at wal-mart for like $4.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes just buy a few cheap shoplights and put them over your VFTs, My VFTs grow well that way
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the leaves burned (black)? Maybe you would think about covering your terrarium with mylar/aluminum foil as as to save light.

One Q:Is 'incadesent' the same as sunlight. If so why is that bad? I thought sunlight was excellent for cps?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast