What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft cutting made a mini flower stalk!

One of my cuttings had made a minature flower stalk for some reason and seems to grow alittle more everyday.  Has this ever happened to anyone yet?
The overall plant diameter is barely even 1/2" yet, so the end result should be interesting...

Flower Stalk

Another Shot

The whole Pot

Hmmm..........that was really fast.  Neat though.  Are you going to let it flower?
smile.gif

It's a messed up one and won't flower probably... But we will see what will happen...

That would be funny if the flower was huge
biggrin.gif

LOL, it looks like this guy might actually flower!
I will try to get some more pics, but the whole stem is only about 1 1/2" and the bud is clearly showing at this point. Too bad for the cutting though, it is way behind all the others and has ceased growing for now and putting all its energy into the flower...

Man, it isn't even adolescent, yet! It's only a baby!

Awww....how cute!

The flower is going to open any day now!
smile.gif

I'll try to post pics of the flower

lol this is hilarious. would be even funnier if it producess seeds. this is one for the text books

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's a messed up one and won't flower probably... But we will see what will happen...

I guess my little plant proved me wrong! This little guy just keeps on amazing me everyday! It seems like this flower produced a total of 12 petals, but I don't see a stigma anywhere, just alot of pollen so I don't think this guy will be making any seeds...

Here are the pics to for the record of the smallest VFT to flower!

Smallest VFT to flower!

Umm.....you`r photo hoster says I need to type in a password.:(

Oh, sorry about that...here are the links to the various photos-

The Plant-
Frame00523.bmp

Closeup of Flower
Frame00531.bmp

Another closeup of flower-
Frame00536.bmp

The whole pot-
Frame00540.bmp

A comparison to my hand
Frame00562.bmp

It seems like this flower has two of everything! I just checked on it and there are two stigmas.... We'll see if they'll make any seeds.

when it grows bigger you should make cuttings to see if they do the same! maybe you've got another cultivar in your hands :p

I have the exact clone of it from another 2 cuttings and the original plant. It doesn't seem to have any unusual charateristics although it is a very robust big plant.

lol that is funny, great plants peter
P.S. THat S. purpurea venosa just put out a new pitcher

GET SEED!! this could be a new pygmy flytrap cultivar!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It would be too much if this thing had false vivipary, and the little flytrap on THAT flower flowered... and so on
laugh.gif

i think its possible seed could come, youve gotta show this to some cp site, let us know what the plants from seed look like okay?

Back