Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frosty! More like Freezing in MI!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking the ole' profile it says you live in Dunkirk. How's the grape growing this year? Even had the ice cream on occasion. I lived in Buffalo for about 20 years, so I know where you are coming from - figuratively and literally. Personally, I think the VFT would do well outside for another couple months. They will also survive that first frost in October. Just monitor the weather predictions as October turns to November. While all this is happening, as the temperature waffles downward, the photoperiod is slowly putting the plant(s) to sleep. Depending upon just what turns out to be weather's reality, you can bring the plant inside and then in the fridge for the next 3 months for dormancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (al885 @ Aug. 15 2004,7:31)]I want to turn a 10 gal. fish tank into a year round home for VFT's. what would be required?
    I have the same thing. I have 3 neps, 2 vfs, 3 dews in one 10-gallon tank. I have the lighting set for 15 hours a day. Every inch is taken but they are healthy. I realize outside maybe good but I have tree rats and blue jays that peck at my plants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] . So I keep them inside all year. Just a simple 10-gallon light and leave a 2-inch crack on the top for air you should be fine. If I can I will post a picture....

Nice to have you on board!
    Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 17 2004,8:02)]Checking the ole' profile it says you live in Dunkirk. How's the grape growing this year? Even had the ice cream on occasion. I lived in Buffalo for about 20 years, so I know where you are coming from - figuratively and literally. Personally, I think the VFT would do well outside for another couple months. They will also survive that first frost in October. Just monitor the weather predictions as October turns to November. While all this is happening, as the temperature waffles downward, the photoperiod is slowly putting the plant(s) to sleep. Depending upon just what turns out to be weather's reality, you can bring the plant inside and then in the fridge for the next 3 months for dormancy.
    I dont know much about the grapes but we are having a very rainy summer...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's more Fredonia and Chautauqua County. But you still have Dunkirk ice cream, right?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they make grape flavored icecream?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 17 2004,5:45)]That's more Fredonia and Chautauqua County. But you still have Dunkirk ice cream, right?
    yeah i know theres alot of grapes around here i just dont know how they're doing. yeah the icecream place is still open i live by it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12