What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your biggest vft trap this year?

• Thread starter peter
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Wow mike those are huge!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

My 29 year old VFT had 2 and 2 1/2 inch traps last year, but this year gave me what I usually get--1.5" to 1.75". I have no pics, but my verification is Cindy Slezak, membership coordinator for the ICPS. She at least got to see them with her own eyes. I can't seem to learn the digital camera, or I could post many pics.

Too bad cause that would be a new record?
smile.gif

1.75" is my largest trap on my d. typical

Any pictures tree terror?
smile_m_32.gif

I will get a pic of my 1 1/2 inch trap later today.

hopfully soon im getting a new camra i hope its still in top shape

I don't think 2.5" is a record. In fact, I know its not. Tamlin has also recorded 2.5" traps. Almost 40 years ago, when I was stomping around the Green Swamp, I met a gentleman named Bill Carrol. He introduced me to the swamp, and I learned a lot from him. He pointed out a plant that had 2.5" and 2.75" leaves, in the wild. So they can reach it, but the more common are usually under 2". It is soooooo cool to come out in the morning and have your eyes assaulted by a huge trap with gorgeous color (Like Mike's).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 24 2004,12:32)]Tamlin has also recorded 2.5" traps. Bill Carrol ... pointed out a plant that had 2.5" and 2.75" leaves, in the wild.
In my neighborhood we have repeated sightings of a creature called Bigfoot, even with occasional "photos". Unfortunately, the fabled 2-inch plus VFT traps have so far eluded photographic capture. Even Mike King's great plants are under 2 inches. Let us see some photo documentation of these huge traps.

Here is a 2 inch trap by Charles Brewer, just for the record

LgVFTTrap.jpg

Back