Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efficient little killers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I have moved my VFT's outside,they are doing remarkably well. Also, I am amazed at how well they do on thier own. Of the four plants I have, eleven traps have victims! Plus,four are open showing corpses! It's kinda neat to see what they have been feasting on. They do alot better job on thier own v.s. me trying to stuff things in. OK, I'll admit guilt here. I herded a little spider into one trap.But it was just a matter of time for him anyway. The nerve of him taking up residence in the pot! Next year,they are going outside A.S.A.P!
    Angry Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vfts do great outside. Mine are much healthier since I put them outside a while back. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only drawback is that they are open to other critters doing damage - like aphids and birds. I experienced that this Spring. My VFT was gnawed down to it last visible leaf and trap. It took a month for it to send up new growth. now there are 5 plants in its stead. But all that aside, they really need to be outside for most of the year, depending upon where you live. Their survival rate after flowering is significantly higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know most people are against letting their VFT flower. With good reason. But, does being outside change that theory?
    Angry Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let all my VFT's that flower this year, save one. The one I didn't let flower was recovering from something (still don't know what), so I felt it better to save it's strenght for the recovery. None of the healthy plants showed any ill effect from the flowering. Now I have a few ittsy bittys seedling VFT's from the seeds I collected.
    They are all outside. What gluttons they are!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never experienced problems with VFT flowering weakening the plant. Never saw it in Nature either where VFT's were concerned. I had 56 VFT scapes this year, and a thousand seed from that. (Maybe more.) The VFT's are so happy, they are sending up more. Weak?? Not mine.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 01 2004,5:48)]The only drawback is that they are open to other critters doing damage - like aphids and birds.
    and don't forget rabbits and squirrels......
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And small children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast