Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vft wavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the leaf will die off, not the whole plant. And there are cultivars that have giant traps too. Your VFT probably wont get giant traps until next year after it goes dormany. And the reason they lay down is because it's late in the year. I've also heard that plants that are reproduced through tissue culture don't get as big as normal plants but I don't think it's true. The ones you get at Lowes ARE reproduced through tissue culture.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a good site that explains a lot of the things that VFT's and other CPs do. (like when they can't eat anymore and get "wavy" like that)
    http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks for the help and info! I'll be sure to pass it on to newbies
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwhupp/CP.jpg

\"You think the riddle of steel was bad, wait'll you try to wrap yer head around the riddle of peat\" ~mabudon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did the exact same thing about a week ago (got it from Lowe's as well), out of the blue. It sprung back by morning though.

Usually whenever this happens, from my observation, they usually do that when the humidity is too low, its too hot, or they're overwatered in overly humid areas. The latter was the case for mine, as I already keep it in a very humid terrarium, but I also had a lot of water in the bottom tray. Apparently this kills any chance for the roots to get some oxygen, and causes the plant to wilt and weaken.
    Some random words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12