Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reeeeal sluggish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,

I'm also having the problem of heads not closing. Reading this thread, I think I understand why...I moved recently and instead of keeping the plant out in the summer DC weather like I used to (still getting into the 80's in the afternoons) I've moved it indoors, so I guess the plant thinks summer is over.

Question is, should I put it back outside, or just keep it in here and get used to the indoor life? And do I have to worry about its not getting enough nutrients since it's not eating?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice that my VFT closes a lot faster on a warm day with lots of sun(snaps shut faster then a second)
    But when its cool/chilly/cold/freezing or at ngiht, the traps take about 3 or so seconds to close, then a further 3+ to seal.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were fortunate in SW Michigan this summer. Temps were between 70 & 85 with lots of sunshine! I placed almost all my plants on the southern porch exposure for the second half of the summer where they received roughly 6 1/2 hours direct sun everyday. This was by far one of the best growing seasons I've experienced in some time. My VFTs are still closing quickly and producing the largest traps of the season as I write. This will all be coming to an end this weekend as we're finally expecting temps to begin dipping into the 40s saturday night. My purpurea ssp.purpurea have all stopped actve growth and are turning a beautiful deep purple. The hybrid pitchers are producing the best growth of the year like the flytraps.
    Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12