What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft paradisa

Kyle, it said it was a typical in the box it came in. Maybe it just looks different
confused.gif

But I've never known typicals to get this red. The insides of the traps are blood red. It seems like a totally different cultivar. Like Green Dragon at least.

let's just say that's not a typical typical VFT (LOL)

VFT charateristics can greatly range from deep purple traps to very little color at all.  Those are still considered typicals unless it is very extrodinary.
I wouldn't reccommend you assume that it is a green dragon or such.  Actually Green dragons have almost the same colors as Royal Reds and Red Dragons... Assuming a plants cultivar is just making the cultivar more of a mix up and weaken the whole group.  Like there are probably quite a few of different "so called" Red Dragons of which some are bad growers and don't have a stable growth pattern and die very easily.  By now it is unsure as to which ones the right one and it has weakened the cultivar tremendously.

I just won a vft myself!WoooHoooo!Dont know what kind,but who cares, free is free!

Jerry

X.X This is both annoying and frustrating.

That I don't know what it is! I wish I had a machine that I just stuck a piece of leaf in it then it would tell me what it was. X_X

Email the company.. If it didn't come with a label and a fancy clonal name then it probably is just a normal VFT. Regular old VFT can be green through blood red. This doesn't make them special or deserving of a name.. This whole 'my vft needs a clonal name' thing that people have is way out of control. Half the vft circulating with fancy names are all within the normal variation for regular ole vft.

Culture makes such a huge difference in how a particular plant can look that it is almost pointless to try and compare pictures between one named plant and another. Very few of them really have distinctive features that are stable from one grower to another.

Either that or label it as simply - D. muscipula and then you are 100% sure it's labelled correctly!

Tony

It was labeled Venus Flytrap CP number 5000 I think but either way the CP Number matched with a Typical VFT. But it's just so weird...all my other typicals are all green with a little red in the traps...... rrrggghh

What kind of light and how much do your other plants get?

T

Just do what I do and name them yourself!
laugh.gif

So far, I have:
Snugglez (my very 1st VFT)
Cuddlez
Hugglez A
Hugglez B
Fugglez (Originally known as X-C and was torn apart for tissue culture)
Fugglets (the individual plantlets from Fugglez)
X-A
X-B
X-D
Bugglez (he has aphids
smile_h_32.gif
)
Bugglets (seedlings from Bugglez)

I have yet to name 2 adult VFTs and my new 50 or so seedlings...

You'll start to see deep red traps in some plants during this time. About half of all my Venus Flytraps have deep red traps and they are still typicals in my mind.

That's a task I'm willing to complete - it's already getting difficult to remember who is who! (None of them are currently tagged)

PS - that was your 1000th post, by the way ;)

The VFT I won is a typical.I sent a email and thats what they told me.No Paradisia,but free is good.

Jerry

The traps on my dente has one trap that is getting red but not even half the redness of the "paradisa". It's outside getting the actual sun. The cold temperatures aren't even affecting the color.

Back