What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

There has been a weird type of virus/fungus? that has been infecting ONLY my VFT's... it starts off first with one of the traps turning pitch black for no reason, then moves down the leaf to the growing point where future leaves get infected and deformed.  After that it then moves down to the growing point and destroys it, killing the plant and leaving the bulb behind which starts off with small offshoots again....
The worse has been on my cup trap, and killed it
smile_h_32.gif

The Dente, Cross Tooth, Fang, and Pink Venus is getting a little worse and I've tried Funginex by ortho and neem oil without sucess...
Any suggestions?

Thanks

BTW- it isn't because of dormacy, this whole thing started late summer.

I have vfts that do the same thing,some do, some dont.I dont know what the cause is.

Jerry

Sounds like some sort of pathogen..
PFT I think sells cleary's fungicide. Good stuff. Might be worth a try. I haven't looked up the Ortho stuff.

T

Thanks for the information,I'll try some tomorrow.

Jerry

... do you have a photo?  I'll try to hold my lunch
laugh.gif

*covers stomach*

myn did the same thing.
i didnt really care though, it started late august ,and they are still growing small traps, ill just get em thru dormancy and theyll be bigger and bterr next year ^^
Hellz

I don't think yours have the the same thing. In my infection ALL the traps get diseased and the growing point gets infected later on ceasing all growth.

Back