What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"big mouth" vft

Does anybody know a website where I could buy Big Mouth's and other "Giant" VFT's in low quantities that ships with in the USA? I've been looking for them for quiet sometime, but I've only managed to find a websites that sell per tray (which is a couple hundred).

I have two tiny Big Mouth plantlets taken from a plant I bought from Tony. Don't know if he has any in stock at the moment.

endparenthesis,
It's been a while.
The plantlets which you got from VFT - Big Mouth, were they the ones you started in water?

I think that Cook's Carnivorous Plants has them.

[edited by Alvin Meister - direct link removed]

Heya gecko. Nope... these were the ones I put in LFS and peat the typical way. The submerged ones eventually wilted away (although one did seem to have the very beginnings of a new plant at the end). Judging from what the guy who does it successfully said, my water probably wasn't sterile enough.

ya I ordered and just recently recieved a big mouth vft from cook's. It looks to be about a year old and I cant wait until it gets older to see how big the traps get. ALso I was wondering if I would have to put it through dormacy? Since I just got it and its very young (its about 1 inch in diameter with traps about .25 inches)

No you don't have to care for dormancy this first year. Let the plant grow out this season and give it dormancy the next winter.

Here is a pic of my plant just one year after purchase.
Bigmouth6.jpg

How much of Cleary's Fungicide should I put on my plants? It came in a powder form, I know Im suppose to delute it in water, but Im unsure how much fungicide goes with the water... The directions weren't very clear. My terrarium is small, only 1 gallon.

Blak519,

What website (PM me if you have to) sells Big Mouths by the tray?

Cheers,

Joe

I think it's in Czek on Bestofcarnivorousplants.com? They sell by the flasks.

Back