Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a vft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ Nov. 30 2004,11:59)]Finder Keepers. I have actually heard that from several people that were later convicted of the theft. You would be shocked how many guns have been "found laying in a ditch on the side of the road". IT'S Amazing. Another popular place to get something that does not belong to you is "some guy gave it to me". IT'S AMAZING, perfect strangers giving away goods. What a great world we live in.
    interesting observations..
    but I have no clue why you posted any of it, since it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic being discussed..
    still..nice try.
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually yes it somewhat does, because it is saying that finders keepers isn't always a true statement and can get you in trouble at times. Also, the second part I am not sure of completely but just adds to the fact of how people these days lie alot and what a crazy world we live in due to those thieves. And so what if it doesn't have to do with the conflict directly, alittle added info can add alot. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Ha, I like MoonFlowers saying about home depots plants- How come Scotty, Nick, and all the other people who are with the stealing idea don't go "Saving" Plants there? It's because you get IN TROUBLE FOR DOING SO... stealing from a PERSON is just the EXACT same thing, even worse since the person paid more for the plant which came from their own pocket and it means more to the person then to a store with 20 of them.
    Nick just took the plant from the person and not from a store because he knew he couldn't get in trouble, but it is the same thing wether from a store or home depot.
    I would like to see any one of you steal from Home Depot and post it on this forum!

Any more arguments from any of you or did I prove my point?...
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, you didnt prove your point, because its not the exact same thing, as you claim..
    ..the "home depot" analogy isnt the exact same thing as this situation..

a more accurate situation is if you are walking down the street and find a dried out, nearly dead VFT sitting on the sidewalk, with no one around.
    do you take it then and save it?
    or is that still "stealing"?

in the Home Depot example, there is no question who owns the plants. and I agree, that would be outright theft.
    but this situation is not the same.
    the owner is unknown.
    it is unknown if the owner would ever return.
    the plant *might* have been outright abandoned!
    its possible..
    its a much "greyer area" than taking plants out of Home Depot..not the same thing.

a more accurate analogy is if you find nearly dead VFTs in the dumpster behind Home Depot..
    what would you do then?

Scot

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They say everybody has their price. I don't know what mine is, but I do know it's a lot more than a plant that I could by for $8 or less at Lowe's.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i edited my post because people are putting great emphasis on the part of my statement which isn't the point. There... it's simplified for you.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was in the dumpster it`s public property......(Yes I`ve taken plants from dumpsters)
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that Unknown could very well be somebody who just might of forgotten the plant outside for a day or even a few hours but was left outside at the wrong time when someone stole it.
    Coppers part on how "a gun was left abandoned in ditch" fits in perfect. You can never know if it is truely abandoned or not.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 28 2004,8:50)]He left it alone AND in bad conditions... he doesn't deserve the plant. If you wouldn't of picked up the plant in the first place it would be dead right now... Keep it, you saved it, if it wasn't for you it would be dead right now.
    "He left it alone" Definately a bad thing to do in a public place. You never know when some dishonest person might come along and steal it.

"If you wouldn't of picked up the plant in the first place it would be dead right now..." A truly regrettable fate for such a great plant. On the other hand, by leaving it I would not be a thief. I could have stayed around to see if someone would claim it and left a note if they didn't telling how to contact me to get the plant back. Then I would have had a chance to meet somebody that might share my interest in CPs. Somebody I could trade plants with later when they started growing other CPs. Sure, taking the plant gets you a nice dentate VFT almost for free. I say almost, because now my integrity is tainted by the knowledge I stole a plant from someone. Depriving them of a chance to grow it and second it cost me a potential friend. The loss of integrity and the missed chance to make a friend are pretty high costs to me.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast