User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Found a vft

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Dec. 04 2004,9:34)]I think this should just end with Nick probably didn`t know it was wrong and it may not have been wrong we just don`t know only his conciense(SP?) will dictate.....
    Its not wrong, he saved it from death.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limited perspectives. Wrong because it is stealing, right because it saved a plant. Personally, I would have left it alone, as it DID NOT belong to me. Saving it was a good thing, but at what cost to the person taking it. The law would not care about the fact it was saved, but more about the fact it wasn't yours to take. In effect, you became a poacher of sorts from stealing the plant, though your motives were good. The law doesn't care about your good intentions, and would put the screws to you in a heartbeat, and there goes a sterling reputation, shot to hel1. Regardless the intent, leave what does not belong to you alone. Shouldn't your parents have taught you this??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most I would of done is watered it a little. I would ask around to find the owner, and give him a caresheet.

It's only one plant out of 1000+ mass produced tissue culture plants. When I was first growing CP's, I probably killed 4 or 5 of these. Trial and error taught me how to take care of it.

Im sure you wouldn't want someone to take your VFT if you left it outside, even if it was dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well put, SunPitcher.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 04 2004,10:52)]Limited perspectives. Wrong because it is stealing, right because it saved a plant. Personally, I would have left it alone, as it DID NOT belong to me. Saving it was a good thing, but at what cost to the person taking it. The law would not care about the fact it was saved, but more about the fact it wasn't yours to take. In effect, you became a poacher of sorts from stealing the plant, though your motives were good. The law doesn't care about your good intentions, and would put the screws to you in a heartbeat, and there goes a sterling reputation, shot to hel1. Regardless the intent, leave what does not belong to you alone. Shouldn't your parents have taught you this??
    Well fine then. I would GLADLY go to prison if I saved a bunch of plants if they were going to die.
    At the end of the day, i would be proud of what I did. And if the law works like that, it is tottaly screwed.

Sun Pitcher,
    How do you knwo if the owner could not care less?
    If he neglected a plant like that then he doesnt deserve a second chance, he could have at least tried by watering it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 01 2004,10:12)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 28 2004,8:50)]He left it alone AND in bad conditions... he doesn't deserve the plant. If you wouldn't of picked up the plant in the first place it would be dead right now... Keep it, you saved it, if it wasn't for you it would be dead right now.
    "He left it alone" Definately a bad thing to do in a public place. You never know when some dishonest person might come along and steal it.

"If you wouldn't of picked up the plant in the first place it would be dead right now..." A truly regrettable fate for such a great plant. On the other hand, by leaving it I would not be a thief. I could have stayed around to see if someone would claim it and left a note if they didn't telling how to contact me to get the plant back. Then I would have had a chance to meet somebody that might share my interest in CPs. Somebody I could trade plants with later when they started growing other CPs. Sure, taking the plant gets you a nice dentate VFT almost for free. I say almost, because now my integrity is tainted by the knowledge I stole a plant from someone. Depriving them of a chance to grow it and second it cost me a potential friend. The loss of integrity and the missed chance to make a friend are pretty high costs to me.
    i couldnt of said it better BCK
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    STARMAN!!!!!!!! Wrong again! Prison for what may well be a TC'ed plant? A commercial "crank'em out"? No guy. Stealing is stealing, and stealing is wrong. BCK is right to say what he said, and stealing makes you untrustworthy, no matter what the excuse you use for taking someone else's property. I thoroughly support the caresheet idea. Better to keep your integrity, than be a thief.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 04 2004,2:14)]STARMAN!!!!!!!! Wrong again! Prison for what may well be a TC'ed plant? A commercial "crank'em out"? No guy. Stealing is stealing, and stealing is wrong. BCK is right to say what he said, and stealing makes you untrustworthy, no matter what the excuse you use for taking someone else's property. I thoroughly support the caresheet idea. Better to keep your integrity, than be a thief.
    Well I sitll trust Nick because he had a good reason for taking the plant.
    I am sure he would have left it alone if it was happy and standing in a tray of rainwater.
    Stealing can be the right thing to do in some circumstances, like this one.
    If it saves a plants or humans life, i will support it.
    If a person just put the plant and left it like that for days, they dotn deserve a second chance with it.
    They could have at least tried to take care of it by watering it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast