0 Thread(s)
    Still missing the point, I see.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A man is driving his wife to the hospital at 3am..
    She is very pregnant and the time has come!
    the roads are deserted, the man slows down for red lights, but if no other cars are in sight, he runs through them..
    he is also driving a bit over the speed limit!
    He notices a cop car coming up behind him! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    But the cop does not turn on his lights, instead the cop stays a bit behind..
    so the man keeps speeding and going past red lights!
    They get to the hospital, the man takes his wife inside, hands her off to the hospital staff, then runs back outfront to move his car and "face the music" from the policeman..
    the cop simply says "I just wanted to make sure it was for a good reason." and drives away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 06 2004,3:14)]Still missing the point, I see.
    yes, we know you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats OK Scotty. You can always argue your case with a cop. But considering your responses, I don't know. Even if they told you that you were wrong, you wouldn't even hear it.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh,the loaf of bread at the store is going to mold because nobody buys it.I think I'll go steal it instead of buying it so it does not go to waste.I'm being sarcastic,but sounds kinda like the vft story.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Dec. 06 2004,9:29)]Oh,the loaf of bread at the store is going to mold because nobody buys it.I think I'll go steal it instead of buying it so it does not go to waste.I'm being sarcastic,but sounds kinda like the vft story.

Jerry
    To me too.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah..me too.
    because there havent been a billion posts clearly explaining WHY that isnt the same thing at all.
    let me try!

"the donut store employee dropped a donut on the floor, I will just take it and not pay for it, just so it doesnt go to waste"

ohh! that was fun.
    how about:

"my roomate dropped a $20 bill on the floor and didnt notice..
    I will just take it because he obviously didnt want it anymore"

im getting the hang of this now!

"A guy kicked his puppy, tied it to a tree in a snowstorm, and drove away.
    I better not do anything, because he might come back for it.
    and if I took the puppy, that would be stealing.
    I will just go home and hopefully the puppy will be ok."

hmmm..yep, those all look the same to me.
    Why cant people see that those are all examples of stealing, and taking those things would ALWAYS be wrong?
    its all so clear!
    I just dont understand how people think.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing a plant to a puppy or any living creature that feels pain is a totally different thing... if a puppy was abused like that then Sure it would have been right to take it because WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE OWNER DOESN"T HAVE THE MENTAL ABILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE PUPPY when he knew how to care for it at first.... go figure
    In a case of a VFT- almost everyone has killed their first VFT before knowing how to take care of the plant properly, this includes ME TOO! and if the VFT was mine, how would you guys know if I cared about the plant or not?... For some people they put all their hearts into their first vft but regardlessly fail doing so because they follow the "How to kill a VFT in a Day" instructions. Are you going to generalize them as a "DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR PLANT" type of people and not even give them a chance to redeem their mistakes?
    Well, Scotty, Nick, Starman, and Amateur Expert sure do think so. At least leave a note that if they were missing the plant, call so and so and ATTEMPT of find out who the person is... that is not considered stealing.
    That would be ALOT MORE heroic and MIGHT EVEN ADD ON A NEW MEMBER TO THIS FORUM and make a new friend in the end! But instead, Nick doesn't get the point between theft and good morals and steal the plant.
    Maybe if you "temporaly House the VFT" and leave notes and try to find the real owner then that would be more coragous and not considered a theft, more of a heroic action for others to look up to.
    So there you go, get the point now? There is a fine line between your intentions of stealing and a couragous effort.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast