Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a vft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was working in the pottery studio at University of Florida late last night and went across the studio to throw some trash away and saw a vft sitting on one of the tables. It made me double look, it was a Dente from Lowe's sitting without the top on. The LFS topdressing was completely dried out so I took it out to my car and watered it with some distilled water that I had in there from a trip home a couple weeks ago. I called my girlfriend to see if I should return it to its spot on the table or bring it home to my terrarium. Anyway, I ended up bringing it home. It was on its way out and I had to take it. Whoever bought it was going to kill it in time so it is kind of the same, except I have it to take care of it. I hate everyone in that class anyway.
    Nick Z.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick, That doesn't make taking the plant right. Find out who it belongs to and return it if they want it back. Then give them some tips on growing it if they need them. Might make a new friend. Much better than adding another enemy.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with BigCarnivourKid, they probably left the VFT on the table so it could get sunlight, I do that with my VFT's all the time and if I came to check on them and found one missing I would be very angry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, it was 3 in the morning and it was bone dry. I would rather have an enemy than watch the plant die. Plus if that person cared about it they wouldn't have brought it to a public place and left it. It's not about me haveing more plants, it's about saving the plant.
    Nick Z.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Nickz123 @ Nov. 23 2004,12:49)]Um, it was 3 in the morning and it was bone dry. I would rather have an enemy than watch the plant die. Plus if that person cared about it they wouldn't have brought it to a public place and left it. It's not about me haveing more plants, it's about saving the plant.
    Nick Z.
    Its not about saving a plant or adding friends/enemies... Its about right and wrong. Taking a plant that does not belong to you without permission, regardless of your intentions, is stealing and its wrong. Put the plant back where you found it, Maybe add a printup of the VFT care sheet from the forum and apologise for stealing someones plant. The plant may live or it may die, but at least you wont be a thief.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick,
    I for one agree with you!
    if it was dry, it needed to be saved!
    its obvious whoever left it there wasnt taking proper care of it..
    saving the plant's life outweighs the "crime" IMO..
    Scot

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saving the plant is one thing keeping it makes it theft. Thats no better than collecting a plant from the wild. If nothing else put the plant back with a small tray of water and growing instructions.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys can argue for days (has been done before) but ultimately its up to you. You can either keep the plant or return it and talk to the person about how to take care of the plant. I would keep the plant too... doesn't seem like they cared about it.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast