Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December scapes

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 05 2004,9:02)]Perfect, Jim!!!!! I'll pull out the Tolstoy. No one I know of has ever been able to stay awake through Tolstoy. Rest at last!!!! Thanks, Jim!!!
    No problem. When there is NO substance to write, there is always something goofy to express.

Still flowering for me: D. capensis, D. sp.Cuba 1 (whatever that really is), U. livida, U. sandersonii, U. bisquamata, Byblis liniflora, and some pigmy dew, whose name has bleached away by s the sun. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 05 2004,8:55)]Now this is an absolute first for me. Anybody else have flowering VFT's in Decenber? Bob Z.?
    Yes, Bugweed. It must be a northern California thing this year. I have had perhaps 20 or so of my outdoor VFTs put up flower buds within the past couple of weeks. It may be because we had a quite warm couple of weeks in early November that fooled my VFTs into thinking it was spring. Now we have had a week where it has been frosty every night, but I am still getting flower buds. Interestingly, I have not been getting flower buds in my unheated greenhouse where daytime temps routinely get in the 70F+, only in my outdoor bog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my plants live outdoors. It is very strange that the plants seem to be unaffected by the frost, and grow like it isn't even there. And the flowers come up, and even bloom. This is cool!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all in their winter rosettes, too. Looking fat and happy despite the freeze.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12