What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! mushrooms in my vft terrarium!

Ok, there are thin little mushrooms growing in the terrarium of my little VFT (its the only thing in their). I have a packet of Cleary fungicide, if thats what I need to use, but I have no idea how to use the stuff (and I have a great chance of reading Greek than I do the instructions). Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, I got my VFT from petflytrap, and I think its less than a year old (got it in June 2004). Thanx in advance; Pj Mitchell

Any help on this, anyone, please? Thanx

Pj

I had a mushroom or 2 growing in my D. multifida 'extrema' pot, they didnt do any damage, in fact I thought they looked quite nice!
If youre really worried pick them out and throw them away.
Dino

So then the fungacide I got when I first bought my VFT isnt needeed than? Ok! Thanx! :-D

Pj

Picking them out will only ease your mind and perhaps prevent more mushrooms. But remember that the mushrooms are just the fruit of a very "large" fungus which is spreading in the substrate. Of course if you think they are ugly it wouldn't do harm to pick them out.

i get mushrooms in some of my Nepenthes(ones not in pure LFS) and Orchid pots. i think ive seen them in a few Drosera pots but i dont remember for sure. they are not a big deal. it means there is some nutrients availible in the soil. not neccisarily a good thing for CP's in theory but if your plant looks healthy its no big deal either. i would leave them. they give a bit of character to the pot.

I plucked them out long ago.. they were ugly lol Thanx for the help too. Pj

If you can avoid the use of chemicals, do so.

Back