What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green dragons

I ordered the two in one pot deal. When  get them what should i do. How can i make them grow fast? Any suggestions?
Everyone that reads this, please right back to me.

Nothing, really. Superthrive can be used on them to promote root growth, and sometimes will give them a growth spurt. This is only a one time deal though, as the plants will get used to the thrive, and not react the same afterwards. Always good for stimulating root growth.

Seperate the 2 plants from the single 3 inch pot they come in into individual 4 inch pots. The plants I got from PFT grew quite large the first year I had them. If yours do anything like mine you will have quite a few growing points on your plants. I divided one clump into 19 different plants this year and have 2 more pots with at least that many growth points. All from a 2 in 1 plant I got from PFT.

Steve

Yep, just follow the care sheet included with the order too and soon you'll have more plants then you know what to do with! Everytime I order from PFT they have always came through with the best plants and service!

Thanks but i don't know what a groth spot is or a clump. What are they? And by the way, what is on the care sheet? Can you tell me some stuff that is on it? Please tell me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FLYTRAPPER9000 @ Feb. 17 2005,5:44)]Thanks but i don't know what a groth spot is or a clump. What are they? And by the way, what is on the care sheet? Can you tell me some stuff that is on it? Please tell me?
A growth point is the center of the rosette (where you see new traps emerging from). A clump is a cluster of rosettes. The care sheet can be found here: http://www.petflytrap.com/care.html

I just received them today! I have two little plants ones emerging from dormancy in one pot and a plastic dome. But i also did not receive a care sheet (booklet) and i received a venus fly trap in a sealed bag. What should i do about that. The ones in the cup seem pretty healthy wih some dark red pigment. In total, the ones in the pot have 8 traps that are small and one that is starting to grow. What sould i do i need info., fast.

LOL, welcom to the forums Flytrapper first off.

Second off, the caresheet VFT guy in SJ gave you should just about cover everything. You can also check out Barry Rice's plant faq Plant FAQ This will tell you just about anything you want to know.

the link that VFT Guy in SJ, is the sheet I was talking about. sorry for not specifying

What are some ways I can keep my venus fly trap babies healthy?

Umm the care sheet and the FAQ from Barry Rice has all the info you need to keep VFTs alive for years and years. First start by reading those and then if you have any specific questions post them and we will help you out as best we can.

The care sheet is here: http://www.petflytrap.com/care.html

The FAQ from Dr. Rice is probably THE best source of info for beginners and can be found here: http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html

Good luck
Steve

How can i speed up trap production. Not size(although you could tell me that also) but the number of traps produced.

Boy!! You are an impatient one, aren't you? You cannot speed up anything where these plants are concerned, so get these ideas out of your head. The plant will grow at its own rate, produce traps at its own rate, and get larger at its own rate. Slow down, and grow the plant, and observe how it grows, the formation of the traps (really cool!), and how it responds to your care.

What bugs are nice healthy tasty morsels for my vft?

welcome to the forums joe!

congrats on your green dragons! they are one of my favorite venus fly traps! spend a little time reading the forums here as you'll learn tons about your vft's. you can also use the "search" button at the top of the page is you aren't finding the info you're looking for fast enough.

in my own experience, if you grow your vft's outside, they will eat plenty of food, and grow big and healty in no time. just remember to use good water (distilled, rain, or reverse osmosis), never let them dry out, give them lots of sunlight, and do not fertilize them as you may kill the plant.

welcome to one of the largest communities of carnivorous plant growers on the web!

peace,
technoracer <-- still dormant here in ohio...

Back