What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you...

If I crossed two vft forms, lets say, big mouth and cross teeth, can I register one of the offspring as a cultavar? Or would it have to be D. 'Big Mouth' x 'Cross Teeth'?

The seedlings produced from that (or any cross of different cultivars) will likely be highly variable. If one of those seedlings happens to result in a plant that is visually different from other described cultivars, you can write up a description of that plant, identifying those differences, and submit it for publication and eventual registration as a cultivar. See:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cultivars/register.html

The batch of seedlings should be designated D. 'Big Mouth' x "Cross Teeth". The order of names depends on which is the seed (female) and which is the pollen (male) parent. This will warn the potential growers that the resulting plants were reproduced sexually and will likely have differing appearances.

thanks! Thats what I wanted to know.:)

Back