What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your vft photos here

This photo being submitted on behalf of member "Crunch".  This is his best VFT and he took the photo.

5f8d43c8.jpg

thanks for the photo, I should have some of my D. Muscipula 'Clumping' (have about 15 all flowering) and one of my D. Big Mouth x Royal Red (have 1, flowering, but not colored up yet)

For lots of photo's check out my website.

Bigmouth6.jpg

Blood%20Red%20Traps3.jpg

G14%20Dirk%20Ventham's%20Giant2.jpg

Drosophyllum.jpg

Tee he, Luis! No, I don't name my plants. It took me a while to figure out why you thought I named plants.  I don't collect VFTs.  I only collect Sarrrs, Droseras, Utrics, and just recently Pings  That plant above is not mine. I posted the photo on behalf of Crunch.  The VFT above belongs to Crunch who has just begun to collect CPs and he has decided he is interested in VFTs and Neps.  He doesn't own his own digital camera or have access to photo storage to be able to post a photo so I let him borrow my camera to take the picture of his "best" plant and then I posted it for him.  

My very first CPs that germinated were D. filliformis "All Red".  I did name them as they came up though... All Red baby #1, All Red baby #2, All Red Baby #3 and so forth and so on.  Does this count for naming plants?

It is necessary in large collections to name plants by codes so that it is much faster. Many do that so it is perfectly normal. As for me, I'm completely familiar with my collection so I leave all my VFT's, Sarras, Sundews, and Dewy Pines unlabled (I use to put up tags but it got boring). For me, their unique characteristics is good enough for me.

Sorry to disappoint you uglypho but I was naming them that as sort of a joke because I was so happy something had germinated for me. The "All Red" seeds were my very first to germinate. I was thrilled.

I do not have a large collection. Pretty much one plant of what I have listed over in that new Grow List forum here. I must label all my plants though. I am not "seasoned" enough to be in a position to recognize one from the other most unfortunately. That will come with time.

Kirk-Ya I do, or I give away plants. I tried to contact you for 'Jaws' but I'm not sure my pm's got through. However I have 'Jaws' now and don't need it anymore. If you wait till autumn comes, I will have plenty of spares, and plenty more exceptional giant forms. The plants photographed are "Big Mouth", "Blood Red Traps", "G14 Dirk Ventham's Giant", and Drosophyllum lusitcanicum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (uglypho @ Mar. 13 2005,2:50)]Kirk-Ya I do, or I give away plants. I tried to contact you for 'Jaws' but I'm not sure my pm's got through. However I have 'Jaws' now and don't need it anymore. If you wait till autumn comes, I will have plenty of spares, and plenty more exceptional giant forms. The plants photographed are "Big Mouth", "Blood Red Traps", "G14 Dirk Ventham's Giant", and Drosophyllum lusitcanicum.
how'd you get yur droso to germinate,mine never did

Take half the seeds and cut of a little of the edge of the thick part. Put the seeds outside in 10 inch clay pots filled with 1 part sand, 1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite. Cover with plastic wrap and rubber band on. The pots should be in trays of water which are never allowed to dry out. Once you have germination uncover the pot.

Here is my first Venus Flytrap, with a lot of new traps opening for the first time
smile.gif

Very green!! How many hours of sun is that plant getting? Also, is that a flower spike in the other plant?

Not very much sun rigth now, the winter is coming back this year...
I thing that's a flower spike, but i have cutted another some time ago, maty the plants are getting confused by this strange year.

Hey uglypho,that last pic of yours is not a VFT,you cheater
laugh.gif
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Well I finally put the VFTs in the right place in the bog. The bad thing is two of my three Drosophyllums dies for no reason. One day a couple weeks ago one was dead. Yesterday a 2nd was wilted. I watered everything really well but it has not come compleatly back. The third is fine. It's in a deeper pot in the ground also. Such a pain. They grew for a year and a few months. I had really hoped to have seed this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 24 2005,8:24)]Hey uglypho,that last pic of yours is not a VFT,you cheater
laugh.gif

smile_n_32.gif
 *Niki*
Sorry! I couldn't resist!
smile_n_32.gif

Back