Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposal of eaten bugs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering what the best way is to get the dead bugs out of the vfts once they open back up? Is their a period of time right after the vfts open back up that you can get the bugs out without worrying that the vfts will close right back up again? I want to make sure I can get them out without the vfts closing back up and using up more energy closing on nothing. Thanks.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you happen to catch it right when the trap is reopening you can take a pair of tweezers and pull out the carcass. I normally just leave em in there... It doesnt hurt them and its kinda fun to sometimes see a trap with 3 or 4 dead flies in it.

I read once where a guy uses a spray bottle and squirts out the dead bug, when I tried it it still tripped the trap.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is outside jst leave it, It will attract more bugs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you really want to, you can try to carefully extract them with tweezers. I;ve managed to do it, though I ended up tripping the trap about half the time.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I tried that with one of them last night and I tripped it. Mine seem VERY sensitive! The second the bug is in there they slam shut. I think my VFT is good to go for quite a while. It's eaten a few already in just a few days. And this sucker has mulitple traps sprouting up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayo, Hellz here,
    I like to use the spray method, u take a sprayer bottle, and make the water so it squirts (like a water gun). then, u carefully squirt the dead remains of the former bug out. becareful not to make the stream ofwater to powerful, it will trigger, and your VFT will drink some water, but it works most of the time, and requires a bit of practice (kinda, not really...)
    ight, hope i was helpful
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes several hours for a trap to reset itself.. it usually is easy to catch it before it resets and pull the carcass out.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually just leave them there and the rain usually takes them out.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast