User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need a lamp for my new fluorescent bulb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 42 watt, cool white fluorescent bulb on it's way to me from a site that I ordered it from. Problem is, I only have a desklamp to use and the bulb is so big it's going to stick at least halfway out of the lamp. I have to put this in my bedroom and don't want to blind me or my wife everytime we walk in. I need a lamp that maybe has a longer hood that will cover most of the bulb anyway. Any suggestions on where I can find something like that? I've looked in stores everywhere and I have only found desklamps the same size as mine. It's a screw in fluorescent by the way. Can I just use a regular lamp and put the plant underneath it? I want to use the desklamp since I can bend it down over the plant to get it close enough. If not then I'll just have to use the lamp I have. Hope I can find something though. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deffinately want some sort of reflector to direct the light. Maybe have a look at those inexpensive aluminum cliplights? Basically it's a socket, reflector and a clip on the back so you can stick it on things. They should have them at Lowes/Homedepot. Only other thing I can think of that may be big enough without getting a specialized fixture would be one of those recessed lighting canisters. Not the prettiest thing to look at though and you would have to wire in a plug.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?