What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trap closeup

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hey all.. I am still playing with the macro mode on my moms camera.. took this shot yesterday. I think it could be a little better, I still havent figured out the manual focus thing yet so its got some blurry sections.. but here is the best shot I got on my Green Dragon last night...

Enjoy

trapzoom.jpg

Looks very good.

To get more depth of field, if you can manually set your f-stop, select a higher number. (f-5.6 or up to f-8 if you can), and set your shutter speed to around 100. If you use the flash do not worry about it showing an under exposed picture. I shoot this way a lot of times and the flash makes up the difference to get you a correct exposure and a fast enough shutter speed to hand hold.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Mar. 21 2005,12:33)]Looks very good.

To get more depth of field, if you can manually set your f-stop, select a higher number. (f-5.6 or up to f-8 if you can), and set your shutter speed to around 100.  If you use the flash do not worry about it showing an under exposed picture. I shoot this way a lot of times and the flash makes up the difference to get you a correct exposure and a fast enough shutter speed to hand hold.
Thanks for the tip Elgecko.

By f stop I take it you mean aperature priority? This cam has a range from 2.8-11 and a shutter speed range from 16-1/1000 sec. I think that will give me a good range of options to play with. I will give that a try and see if it helps. Its kind of a crappy day for taking pics today, overcast and gloomy, but I will go ahead and take a few dozen shots and see what I come up with.

Cheers
Steve

Good luck with your shots Steve.
The procedure I spoke of about, I shoot in full manual mode.
Actually overcast days are great for taking pictures.

Here's a plug for my photo section on my website. I like to take nature macro photos.
http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/photo.html

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Mar. 21 2005,5:33)]Good luck with your shots Steve.
The procedure I spoke of about, I shoot in full manual mode.
Actually overcast days are great for taking pictures.

Here's a plug for my photo section on my website. I like to take nature macro photos.
http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/photo.html
I use full manual mode on mine as well. My aperature setting only goes up to 8.0 though. I would really like one that goes up to 22. My SLR does, but it's not digital. Would be fun though to try and take some with that too. I also use a tripod when i'm taking macro pictures if it is possible. It is the absolute clearest that way, along with the timer so there is no camera shake when you push the shutter button.

Nice picture though Steve. Elgecko, yours are awesome as always.
smile.gif

What really helps with macro shots are those macro focusing rails, they move forward, backward and side to side, much like what you would find on a microscope stage. But I don't feel like spending $150 for one! What camera is it Steve? a Canon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 27 2005,3:09)]What camera is it Steve? a Canon?
Its an Olympus Camedia 4000Z. Same one i used to take the shots of the hummingbirds.

Back