Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange vft expirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, it doesn't have to be labled Dionaea 'vigorous' as far as I know. It would be way too time consuming to type Dionaea each time as I specialize in growing them and most names wouldn't fit on growing lables either if spelled out like that. We kind of already know what you mean by posting it in the Doinaea forum anyways and there isn't any drosera named vigorous. Rarely have I seen any Drosera and Dionaea having the same cultivar name.
    Plus, who is to decide wether the Drosera or Dionaea gets the shorter name? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    But if there is some rule regarding that issue then I might be wrong, but so far I've never heard of any.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flytrapgurl tried this awhile back - but no success. Now where was that topic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK, Dionaea "Vigorous" is an unregistered clone, named and marketed by Triffid Park in Australia. Some CP companies in the US also have this plant in their catalog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (peter @ Mar. 23 2005,10:29)]Plus, who is to decide wether the Drosera or Dionaea gets the shorter name? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    But if there is some rule regarding that issue then I might be wrong, but so far I've never heard of any.
    Its for those people who have so many plants that they can't remember all their names, heh. J/K [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] No I suppose its just to encourage correct pronounciation of the names so that others (ie. people who are really involved in the busniess of ecology, conservation stuff and also newcomers) don't get confused. But for the rest of us we know what we're talking about.

BTW, so no one's tried root cuttings with a VFT? I doubt that would take though, the VFT would probably die if you cut off its tap roots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what is really neat is when a baby VFT actually grows out of the stalk!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I did try this same thing a while back, but it didn't work... not sure if I just needed to cut it farther down on the stem or what, but it didn't work. But hey, try anyway.. what the hell not.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So got any pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, what I'm talking about is a mutation; when a baby plant or two or three sprout out of the stalk while it is still on the plant.

I've never had it happen to me, but I have seen pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast