What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feed me seymor

hey people

i just got a south west giant from my girlfriend which she got from a supplyer here in the uk

the plant has been with me for about a week now and is looking very healthy ( 1 trap is over 1 inch long) and there is 3 new heads growing

the problem i have is water it just seems to be drinking so much of it and im running out of the rain water i collected allready

now is this because i have the plant on a window sill that gets alot of sun
confused.gif
i thought that would be the best place for it as th rest of the room does not get a lot of light

useually england is raining all the time but it has droped about a millilitre in the last week

smile_h_32.gif

thanks in advance for your help and great forum btw

cheers

mike

Hay, Hellz here,
you can also use distilled water, till you can get more rain water, or if you really want to grow CP's. you can get a reverse osmosis filter
hope this helps
Hellz

I made a rack in my garage that holds 24 1-gallon milk jugs which I fill up whenever it rains. I have run out from time to time. Then I have to buy some distilled or RO water from the grocery store.

do you guys think the window sill is the best place for the plant or should i keep it away from direct sunlight?
confused.gif

They love the sun... I wouldn't move them away from the window.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (djvapour @ April 05 2005,6:43)]useually england is raining all the time but it has droped about a millilitre in the last week
We're getting all of your rain here in the North East US.

Back