User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What insects should you not feed to vfts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Carniverousterrariums @ May 25 2005,11:46)]I am wondering myself just for satisfaction purposes can you feed a VFT a bee that has been de-stingered Please help
    hi,
    i think these type of questions should be answered by yourself. you should make the judgement based upon your own morals and principles.
    I used to feed my VFT until few weeks ago. i used to catch ants and woodlouse (flies were too fast) however as the weather has warmed up considerably here in the UK i have placed the VFT outside near a plant. yesterday it caught 3 big flies all by it self.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Carniverousterrariums @ May 25 2005,11:46)]I am wondering myself just for satisfaction purposes can you feed a VFT a bee that has been de-stingered Please help
    Someone once wrote a rule of thumb about prey being ~1/3 the size of a VFT trap. So if you have good-sized traps to accommodate the bee, it will be fine.

Side note: Take a look at my signature. I think we have something in common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moralistic values? What you be talkin' bout? Anything that is small enough should be eaten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I don't feel good about eating dead animals, but I can't live without meat.
    I agree. I like to eat my animals alive. There's nothing like freshness to bring the taste buds alive.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I'm still living off the corpse of the old world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 26 2005,5:33)]Moralistic values? What you be talkin' bout? Anything that is small enough should be eaten.
    well it seems we both come from two different ends of the spectrum, what do you say?

kindest regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If flies are good enough for my sarrs and VFT's, their good enough for me! YUM!!!! (Try'em on a peanut butter sandwich!)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 26 2005,10:45)]If flies are good enough for my sarrs and VFT's, their good enough for me! YUM!!!! (Try'em on a peanut butter sandwich!)
    lol......
    hmmmmmm, chips or flies, chips or flies.....what a hard choice, but i think I'll stick to chips! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Although flies along with other insects are ment to be quite high in protein....darn if i weren't vegetarian [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

kindest regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruff, chips are so bad for you! Too much salt!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC