User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What insects should you not feed to vfts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some wasps have been able to chew their way out of my traps, and I've had some bad luck with grasshoppers.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what ever the beetle was that I fed to mine turned the trap black or atleast part of it. Should I trim off that leaf or let it die off on it's own? Could I use that leaf as a leaf cutting? The ant in one of the other traps seems to be going well so far, but it was a very small black ant.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Softbody insect are the best. Hardbody insect tend to kill the trap *ladybugs, beatles*.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to worried about it, it's popping out new traps like crazy.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since I don't want to feel guilty about wasting bandwidth, I'll ask this question here.

I read the, "Flowering," thread and couldn't find anything on where to cut the stalk. If I want to cut off the flower, how big should I let it grow and how far down should I chop it off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year mine ate a lot of the ants and never had a problem, they were extremely proficient at catching ants. It seems the ants would drink the nectar right underneath the spines of the traps and would caught perfectly every time I watched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you don't want to feed is lightning bugs! Mine (long since dead) caught one once and it was a nice parlor trick for the evening, the flashing trap caused by the insect in its death-throes, but the whole plant soon died. I think this was caused by the huge amounts of phosphorous it gave my plant.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, when is it best to chop off the flower stalk, and where do I make the cut?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast